[Openmcl-devel] Good news on the Mac
bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch
Sun Feb 9 14:29:48 UTC 2020
Thanks mostly to Apple we've not had good news on the Mac recently, but, today we have very good news. One can build CCL from scratch on 10.15.3 Catalina without using old tools. Apple has fixed the assembler.
-1 : Join the Apple Developer program. Or wait a few weeks for them to release the newest Xcode and/or command line tools.
0. Install Xcode 11.4 beta. Or if you've waited install Xcode 11.4 or the command line developer tools that match.
1. sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/[Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer](http://Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer)
2. as -v should show version
% as -v
Apple clang version 11.0.3 (clang-1184.108.40.206)
3. git clone [https://github.com/Clozure/ccl.git](https://github.com/Clozure/ccl.git)
4. curl -L -O [https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/releases/download/v1.12-dev.5/darwinx86.tar.gz](https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/releases/download/v1.12-dev.5/darwinx86.tar.gz)
5. cd ccl
6. tar xjf ../darwinx86.tar.gz
7. (optional) since Catalina does not run 32 bit binaries clean up - rm -rf darwin-x86-headers dx86cl.image dx86cl
8. Ideally (ccl:rebuild-ccl :full t) would just work, but, there is some problem left with subprocess output back to lisp that causes a false failure, so.....
9. (cd lisp-kernel/darwinx8664; make clean; make)
11. (ccl:rebuild-ccl :full t)
12. It fails building the kernel, so, (quit) and (cd lisp-kernel/darwinx8664; make clean; make) again. Now the kernel and bootstrap image are built, but not the final image.
13. ./dx86cl64 --image-name x86-boot64.image --no-init
14. (ccl:save-application "dx86cl64.image")
16. (require 'cocoa-application)
and I think you should have a working CCL on Catalina, both command line and GUI.
I, for one, am very very happy!!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openmcl-devel