[Openmcl-devel] App Store CCL: how to run from command line?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Jan 3 09:58:49 PST 2020

I need to run CCL from the command line in order to test ASDF.  But I
can't quite figure out how to do this.  I linked the executable to a
place in my path:

```
ln -s /Applications/Clozure\ CL.app/Contents/MacOS/dx86cl64 ~/bin/ccl
```

...because I couldn't figure out how to get a pathname with "Clozure
CL.app" in it into my path.  But then when I try to run it, I get this
error:

```
$ ccl
Lisp Breakpoint
? for help
[77375] Clozure CL kernel debugger: ?
(G)  Set specified GPR to new value
(R)  Show raw GPR/SPR register values
(L)  Show Lisp values of tagged registers
(F)  Show FPU registers
(S)  Find and describe symbol matching specified name
(B)  Show backtrace
(T)  Show info about current thread
(M)  Show memory areas
(X)  Exit from this debugger, asserting that any exception was handled
(P)  Propagate the exception to another handler (debugger or OS)
(K)  Kill Clozure CL process
(V)  Show Subversion revision information
(?)  Show this help
[77375] Clozure CL kernel debugger: Killed: 9
```

This is on Catalina.

Thanks!

P.S. If you have some way to test CCL unattended (Jenkins, travis, etc.)
on multiple operating systems, I would *love* to get the head version of
ASDF hooked into that -- I don't really have the resources to do this
myself any more.  Right now I just test on my laptop and on linux, and I
cannot test *any* implementations on Windows.