[Openmcl-devel] CFFI/C2FFI Documentation

Steven Nunez steve_nunez at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 06:28:07 PST 2020

I thought I'd follow up on this and let everyone know what I found for the record. There is no documentation for cffi/c2ffi, which was recently (in lisp years) added to CFFI for auto-wrapping C libraries. As near as I can tell, it's only used by a few projects, and the lack of adoption is most likely due to the lack of documentation. I nudged the maintainer via the pull request that added it to CFFI. There’s a bit of background in the pull request for anyone that wants to try it out. Unfortunately the CFFI project has issues turned off on github, so it’s not possible to add documentation as an issue.

Without docs I think cl-autowrap is likely a better choice at the moment. Or, perhaps, claw, a fork of cl-autowrap. If anyone is doing some serious wrapping of C libraries with lisp, in a professional environment, and is using another setup, I’d love to hear about it.