[Openmcl-devel] bootstrapping question (after patching)

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Wed Dec 1 02:50:54 PST 2021

To try to fix https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/issues/389
"define-compiler-macro clhs example test case 5 fails"

I have this non-intrusive patch which introduces a new function
PARSE-MACRO-2 (in lib/level-2.lisp) to be use in the
expansion-codepath of DEFINE-COMPILER-MACRO (in compiler/nx0.lisp)

https://github.com/enometh/ccl/commit/af3ad76caffe064124fa9d6686ee2972f8cbd660
https://github.com/enometh/ccl/commit/af3ad76caffe064124fa9d6686ee2972f8cbd660.patch

Now To bootstrap this in a running lisp, I can load the new definition
of PARSE-MACRO-2 and DEFINE-COMPILE-MACRO and call rebuild-ccl (which
calls COMPILE-CCL and and XLOAD-LEVEL-0 without a problem.

But when I try to bootstrap the code using the last released binary, I
hit an Error: Undefined function PARSE-MACRO-2 called.  I would like
to be able to build the new version from released binary, how do I go
about patching the definitions before running COMPILE-CCL? say by
dropping in the patch files at some location?