[Openmcl-devel] ASDF 3.3.5 is released
rpgoldman at sift.info
Sat Jul 3 09:02:07 PDT 2021
Please consider upgrading the version you are distributing with your
implementation. Note that this is strictly a bug fix release so should
not cause issues in upgrading. But "should" -- software is
unpredictable. Announcement email follows.
-------------- next part --------------
Today we release ASDF 3.3.5, the fifth bugfix release for the 3.3 release series.
We urge implementations that are currently bundling previous versions of ASDF -- and especially those bundling 3.3.0 or 3.3.1 -- to upgrade to 3.3.5 at their earliest convenience. In addition to fixes that are generally applicable, there are fixes for ECL, LispWorks, and SBCL.
As maintainer, my primary role has been coordination and some limited quality control. The real work for this release has been done by many contributors and bug-reporters, to whom the Common Lisp community owes a tremendous vote of thanks. Their names are listed on the Changelog, appended below.
We *hope* that the next release will be 3.4, introducing new functionality but which, as the numbering suggests, will be backward compatible.
cl-asdf (2:3.3.5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix bug in handling combination of :serial and :if-feature dependencies.
* Add support for package local nicknames to UIOP:DEFINE-PACKAGE and
ASDF's package-inferred systems. Extend support for package local
nicknames to more lisp implementations. Initial work by
Fran?ois-Ren? Rideau, with assists from Phoebe Goldman, Micha?
Herda, and Eric Timmons.
* A number of fixes for Lispworks compatibility (thanks to Martin
* Fixes for SBCL and ECL from Eric Timmons and @pouar.
* Add support for source files with different file extensions to
package-inferred-systems. Thanks to Jingtao Xu for identifying
the bug and providing a fix.
* Fixes for UIOP:WITH-TEMPORARY-FILE
* Miscellaneous bug fixes from Lu?s Oliveira, Gary Palter, Fran?ois-Ren?
Rideau, and Eric Schulte.
* Fix for argument handling in LAUNCH-PROGRAM.
* Fixes for feature handling from Eric Timmons.
* Replaced some of the internals of `parse-defsystem` with generic functions to
enable modular extension. Thanks to Eric Timmons.
* Far? provided more graceful upgrade capabilities, fixing bugs with upgrading
support for local package nicknames, and with upgrading ABCL.
-- Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> Fri, 2 Jul 2021 13:07:00 -0500
More information about the Openmcl-devel