[Openmcl-devel] Building IDE fails

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Sun Jul 25 14:37:44 PDT 2021

I downloaded CCL version 1.12.1 to an older X86 Mac running OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan). I can successfully run it from the command line. When I tried to build the IDE by doing a (require :cocoa-application) it hangs. Interrupting it shows that it was executing %PROCESS-WAIT-ON-SEMAPHORE-PTR. I tracked it down to the point where it is executing install-altconsole.
Looking at the …ccl/cocoa-id/altconsole directory there are a couple of newly created .o files there plus one zero-byte AltConsoleDocumentController.o-5d0d522f file.

I did pretty much this identical thing on a newer mac a few months ago with no issues. I’m reasonably sure that the build tools are all of a fairly recent vintage since I had to upgrade them to rebuild some other apps that I needed for what I’m doing.

I also have the app store version of the CCL IDE on this box and it runs fine. I can’t see how that would interfere with anything, but let me know if there is some reason I should remove it before doing this build.

All suggestions are appreciated.