[Openmcl-devel] Fwd: Error: Foreign function not found: X86-DARWIN64::|gethostname|

Shannon Spires svs at bearlanding.com
Thu Jun 24 20:35:03 PDT 2021

I've been unable to reproduce this behavior using the 1.12.1 release and
running ./dx86cl64 from the command line, and from the IDE after
rebuilding the CCL IDE from the latest 1.12 git repo.

I am using the 0.8.3 version of usocket since that's what quicklisp is
grabbing.

The only thing that's different is that I'm on MacOS 10.15.7. I don't
have a way to test on 10.14.

(The Mac App store version of CCL is known to be DOA on later versions
of MacOS. The git version is the one you want, and you have that.)

In any case, this smells like the famous Catalina bug where it can't
find the normal C shared libraries, rather than a CCL bug. And yet
you're not running Catalina, so I don't know what's going on. Do you
have a Catalina machine you can test on?

-SS