[Openmcl-devel] os x shell-executable ccl

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Thu May 27 12:16:37 PDT 2021

That executable will work from the command line, but the problem is that the executable is not enough.  You also need an initial image file, and the only image file that comes bundled with the App Store version includes the IDE.

But you can easily download pre-built non-IDE images from github if you don’t want to go to the trouble of building one yourself.  But building an image is not very hard.  In fact, the App Store version includes the source (it’s in resources/ccl) so you should be able to build a non-IDE image from the App Store version by following the instructions in the CCL docs.

BTW, the command-line version of CCL has a few quirks that make it not well suited to running as a shebang script if that’s what you’re after.  I wrote a little C wrapper for CCL that makes it play better with shebangs.  If anyone is interested let me know and I’ll make it available.

rg