[Openmcl-devel] [ccl-dev] CL+SSL crashes the IDE on M1 macs

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Thu Dec 22 09:07:42 PST 2022

There is no altconsole.  The application just does a hard crash, closes all windows (which is really annoying because it makes debugging much harder) and says, "The application quit unexpectedly..."

I've figured out that the crash happens when libssl is loaded, which is not too surprising.  (I am continually amazed that CCL under Rosetta works at all!)  But it's still weird that it only affects the IDE.

Next step is to figure out what foreign library file it's actually trying to load.

rg