[Openmcl-devel] ETA on CCL for M1 Macs?

Mike Byrne byrne at rice.edu
Mon Jan 31 09:46:30 PST 2022

On Jan 31, 2022, at 08:40, Andrew Shalit <alms at clozure.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately there hasn’t been progress and the port to Apple Silicon is in doubt.  There were people willing to provide a good chunk of funding, and there was someone interested in doing the work.  But that person had some circumstances preventing them from starting. Several months later, they still haven’t been able to start.  At this point I don’t expect a port to happen any time soon, if at all.

Obviously my vague memory was wildly inaccurate.  This is disappointing news, but it is what it is.  Somewhat to my surprise, what I needed actually works under SBCL, so I'm not completely out of luck, but I will miss the IDE.  Still, I've been using MCL since the late 1980s so there's a bit of an "end of an era" feel to it.  Hopefully it isn't really the end, just a delay.

-Mike