[Openmcl-devel] “Prehistoric” MCL

Tim McNerney mc at media.mit.edu
Fri Mar 4 07:02:02 PST 2022

Great to hear from you Jeremy!
I too would like to see Coral’s early products preserved.
I started a bit of a web museum myself at 4004.com.

Fitting Hunchentoot into a 4MB Mac Classic does sound intriguing.
Though we would need to be careful not to get slashdotted, and
the temptation to solve this problem with a 68000-based load balancer
joyfully reminds me of There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.

Thanks for the pointer to the greater Mac emulator community.
(I bet a client-side 68000 VM could be made to run at speed in WebAssembly.)

Please do share your interesting papers. Thanks!

--Tim