[Openmcl-devel] Where is the source of LET* macro

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Fri Apr 21 05:02:59 PDT 2023

I wrote

> I think I prefer my original interpretation, where bound declarations affect all bindings made by a form, even shadowed ones,  but I am no longer sure.

FWIW I asked a person who was on the committee and he thought that the intention would have been that it applied to all bindings (and perhaps this is why let* is specified as a special operator not a macro).  He also thought there might be real cases where it matters, which I'm still not really convinced about.

I don't think this means that I'm right, the 'visible bindings' interpretation is also fine.

--tim