[Openmcl-devel] how read a character without requiring a subsequent carriage return?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Tue Aug 29 12:06:05 PDT 2023

> On Aug 29, 2023, at 11:25 AM, Mark Klein <m_klein at mit.edu> wrote:
>
> I'm using the listener window for CL64 Version 1.12 on a Mac (OS 11.4).

Because the listener window on the Cocoa IDE is based around an editor (and not a tty), it’s not possible to use raw i/o to read a single character.

I’m sure it’s no comfort, but others have also wanted read-char to work without needing to press return in the IDE. Unfortunately, there’s no reasonable way to make that work with a listener window as currently implemented.