[Openmcl-devel] M1 port: Call for funding

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sun Dec 31 12:35:54 PST 2023

> On Dec 31, 2023, at 12:05 PM, Jon Boone <ipmonger at delamancha.org> wrote:
>
> 1.  Does the effort have a (defacto?) project manager to keep track of the moving pieces?

Not yet.  At the moment there are no pieces to keep track of because we don't have anyone who has both the knowledge and available bandwidth to complete the project (but there are private discussions underway which might change that.  Stay tuned.)

> 2.  Is there a way to articulate the sense of urgency in getting this accomplished and the related constraints?

Not quite sure what you mean by this.  If you want to signal your own sense of urgency to the community, the best way to do that right now is commit to writing a big check -- unless you already know how to port CCL, in which case committing to doing some or all of the work would also help.  ("Big" here means five figures.)

> 3.  Who's interested in ensuring that there is a contingency plan and pipeline process for bringing in, on-boarding and mentoring new contributors?

That would be me.

rg