[Openmcl-devel] M1 port: Call for funding

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Sun Dec 31 12:50:07 PST 2023

On 31 Dec 2023, at 20:06, Jon Boone <ipmonger at delamancha.org> wrote:

> Is there a way to articulate the sense of urgency in getting this accomplished and the related constraints?

Although my opinion is worth nothing here, I think it's clear that Apple are not going to change architecture again for ~ a decade or more.  Any port is useful for a good while.  Documentation on *how* to port CCL is useful for longer.  There may be big commercial users I can't see who might walk away from CCL which make it more urgent (but if there are, then someone should be approaching them!), but from my perspective just maintaining enough forward momentum to keep the people who can do the port involved is enough.

I can't realistically contribute financially (at least not currently), and I don't have the skills to contribute technically (although I do have time now), but I'm very glad to see this being talked about seriously.

--tim