[Openmcl-devel] The M1 port and the future of CCL

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Wed Nov 22 13:37:07 PST 2023

> On Nov 22, 2023, at 1:20 PM, Scott L. Burson <Scott at sympoiesis.com> wrote:
>
> It would be nice to see CCL kept alive, but personally, I've settled on ABCL.  The JVM's GC technology is unmatched, the Java interop is occasionally useful, and it's completely future-proof.

I'm not sure that's true.  Flash was once considered future-proof and you can see how that went.  The future of Java is entirely up to Oracle at this point.  I'll grant you that makes it a good bet, but it's not a guarantee.

I'd bet on C (ECL) before I bet on Java.  No one company could kill it even if they wanted to.

rg