[Openmcl-devel] The M1 port and the future of CCL

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Sat Nov 25 13:25:29 PST 2023

> On Nov 23, 2023, at 5:30 AM, David Ritchie <david.ritchie at me.com> wrote:
>
> I’m running a web based system on SmartOS (Solaris/illumos based), so it’s surprising but good that CCL is still maintained on that system. I guess I have a way of choosing things that exceptionally few other people are using!

Haha, that is awesome!

While making releases, I have often wondered whether anyone else runs the illumos port of CCL (I maintain it on OmniOS). I’m really pleased to hear that there’s someone out there.

I also seem to share the knack for choosing things out of the mainstream.

In general I’ve often wondered who uses CCL. Outside of people who participate on the mailing list and maybe IRC, it’s a mystery. Sometimes I get surprised by learning that it is (or was) used in some organization I’ve heard of.