[Openmcl-devel] type specifier '(simple-vector n) in defmethod

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sat Jan 6 10:14:23 PST 2024

> On Jan 6, 2024, at 6:00 AM, Nicolas Martyanoff <nicolas at n16f.net> wrote:
>
> In CL, this really does not map well to streams because streams are
> fundamentally blocking (see for example the semantic of READ-SEQUENCE).

That's not true.  CL:READ-SEQUENCE is blocking, but LISTEN works on binary streams so implementing a non-blocking version is an elementary exercise.

Genuine deficiencies in the CL spec that cannot be fixed at the user level, usually with minimal effort, are extremely rare.  In my entire career I have only ever encountered a single example (figuring out what it is is left as an exercise).

rg