[Openmcl-devel] M1 port

Tim McNerney mc at media.mit.edu
Sat Jan 6 17:36:34 PST 2024

Sure Bharat!

Would you be interested in studying Shannon's trove of PowerPC
architecture documents (I sent the link again to this mailing list a few
days ago) and comparing the architecture and CCL's PPC register usage
conventions to the ARMv8A (aka "ARM64") and its register usage conventions?

At the very least look through the collection and tell us which
documents are most useful for someone writing a compiler.

Do you want to write an assembler and disassembler for the ARMv8A in the
CCL style (i.e. compatible with the CCL compiler)?
I particularly like "LAP" (Lisp assembly language) notation over typical
assembler notations.
This is useful for reading assembly language code into simulator written
in Lisp.

--Tim