[Openmcl-devel] utf-8 output in a terminal

Grégory Vanuxem g.vanuxem at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 20:23:37 PDT 2024

Hello,

In FriCAS  built on top of Clozure CL I obtain this output in a terminal (WSL2)

(gamma(x) âÃÂàreals && Re(x) > 0) || (x âÃÂàintegers &&
gamma(x) âÃÂàreals)

instead of (SBCL)

(gamma(x) ∈ reals && Re(x) > 0) || (x ∉ integers && gamma(x) ∈ reals)

if I (print ...) a string with, for example, ∈, in a pure Clozure CL
(recently git cloned) this is correctly printed, no problem.

So I wonder if I have to modify the output stream character encoding
or the output routine.

And more importantly, how can I achieve that?

- Greg

PS:
(1) -> )lisp CCL:*DEFAULT-EXTERNAL-FORMAT*
Value = :UNIX