[Openmcl-devel] utf-8 output in a terminal

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Sun Jul 28 19:14:32 PDT 2024

> On Jul 28, 2024, at 6:31 PM, Grégory Vanuxem <g.vanuxem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Found!
>
> In level-0/l0-misc.lisp there is exactly what i was looking for.
> (ccl::%get-utf-8-cstring ..) It's a pity I think it is not documented
> since now UTF-8 is relatively widely used.
>
> All is right now!

The exported functionality is ccl:get-encoded-string.

(get-encoded-string :utf-8 cname (#_strlen cname))

https://ccl.clozure.com/docs/ccl.html#f_get-encoded-string

The manual also contains examples of using both ccl:with-encoded-cstrs and ccl:get-encoded-string:

https://ccl.clozure.com/docs/ccl.html#brief-examples