[Openmcl-devel] Garbage collector - ccl:terminate (memory stuff)

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Mon May 20 13:19:53 PDT 2024

On 20 May 2024, at 19:29, Tim McNerney <mc at media.mit.edu> wrote:

> That the spec says nothing about garbage collection would explain why this topic has never been on my radar.

It would be astonishing if it did, because almost anything it might say would be tantamount to mandating some specific memory-management strategy, and that's not a language standard, it's an implementation standard.

(My own implementation works by raising a purchase order for more memory, then pausing until it is installed.  This is a mostly-viable approach on 64-bit systems.)

--tim