[Openmcl-devel] 12/20 Cocoa Questions

Bruce D. Nilo bruce at nilo.com
Sun Jan 18 11:12:16 PST 2004

I have looked around on the mailing lists and such but can't find
answers to some of
the problems I am bumping into. These are probably due to my
configuration being
screwy, but I don't know for certain and would certainly appreciate any
pointers on
getting my configuration stable.

I downloaded the 12/20 distribution via CVS and built a new image. I am
running on
OSX 10.2.6. (I am about to upgrade to 10.2.8 to see if it corrects some
problems.)

Firstly, when I bring up a listener and type (require "cocoa") all goes
well and I get
a listener. However if I type a lisp expression such as (+ 2 3) into
the window I get
the following error:

dppccl[4574] Error in event loop: #<A Mac Pointer #x420A3720> is not an
ObjC object

Secondly, if I next start up aserve and then try evaluate (require
"cocoa") I get a more
severe problem:

 > Error: Objective-C runtime exception:
 >        XML parser error:
 >        	Unexpected character ( at line 1
 >        Old-style plist parser error:
 >        	Expected terminating ')' for array at line 1
 >
 > While executing: CCL::CHECK-NS-EXCEPTION
;;
;; Process Initial(0) needs access to terminal input.

Typing (:Y 0) does not successfully do anything since the listener
(process 1) reclaim
input focus almost immediately.

Thirdly, if I type (require "cocoa-inspector") in an environment that
does not have aserve
running  I get the following error in the listener - but the app window
does appear, but has
the same eval problems as case 1 described above.

 > Error in process listener(1): Unbound variable: *OBJC-READTABLE*
 > While executing: CHEAP-EVAL-IN-ENVIRONMENT

Bruce