[Openmcl-devel] string handling question

Hamilton Link hamlink at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 20:14:43 PST 2004

On Nov 9, 2004, at 3:22 PM, alex crain wrote:

> COCOA is really unbright about inferring things and will often scan
> the entire file for changes after
> I insert a single character, which means *lots* of string processing
> and good optimization or the
> system grinds to a halt.

Hold on, I thought we got past this problem already. The system was
pokey for a while there, but we added a couple of function definitions
and it became plenty fast enough. Is there a performance problem again?
Premature optimization is the root of all evil, man. I'd be happy to
see a slowish working version of the code with all the new features. Do
we have that and I just haven't updated lately or have you not yet
released that? If the former, my bad. I'll test it out and see if it
runs fast enough. If the latter, let's get the release out and worry
about fast enough when I/we can see what works.