[Openmcl-devel] Compiling bleeding-edge on Mac OS X 10.3

Peter Bengtson peter at peterbengtson.com
Thu Sep 30 14:40:46 PDT 2004

Thanks for the quick reply - I have found the root of the problem.
Apparently this is a fairly well-known problem. It seems that during
installation of the Developer's Tools, /usr/lib/crt1.o is sometimes
removed by conflicting installers. Various sources have reported that
this sometimes can happen due to complex dependencies. In fact, my
machine was bought yesterday, so everything installed was completely
fresh.

The remedy is to install Xcode 1.5, which contains an updated version
of crt1.o. Installing previous versions of Xcode doesn't help.

Compilation now works as expected.

	/ Peter