[Openmcl-devel] openmcl 1.0 vs. GUI

Shawn MacIntyre smacintyre at mac.com
Mon Aug 29 15:13:01 PDT 2005

On Aug 28, 2005, at 18:11, alex crain wrote:
> Without putting too much of a point on it, my #1 problem with the
> GUI project is the level feedback that I've received.
>
> None. Nada. Nothing. Zip.

Feed back:

I love Doc Viewer ... It is possibly the best way to look things up
in the standard.
     * I would love to see this available as a separate program and
not part of the IDE ...
     * Searching should search the whole word, not just the start.
For example, searching for "hash" should find "with-hash-table-iterator"
     * Can't seem to copy from the Doc Viewer and paste into some
other apps, such as Mail.
     * It would be nice to be able to view the documentation strings
of user defined function in Doc Viewer

Editor/Listener:
     * The argument list disappears way too quickly ... I generally
don't have time to read it before it's gone.
     * Performance once it's loaded is good enough
     * No line wrapping is disturbing
     * Everything that I tried, expect the inspector, seems to work.

One question, why tie this to Openmcl? Like many out there I user emac
+slime for the majority of my lisp development and I often use and
test in multiple lisps. Your IDE shows a lot of promise, it would be
cool if it could be used as a replacement emacs/slime for a more OSX
friendly experience no matter what lisp your listener is. Just a
thought.

Thanks,

--
Shawn MacIntyre