[Openmcl-devel] asdf

Robert McAlpine rmc at thegentleway.com
Mon Feb 6 08:41:59 PST 2006

Hi,

Forgive my ignorance ... I'm new ...

Using Mac OS 10.4.4
Aquamacs 0.9.8
openmcl 1.0.1, installed using darwinports

I want to replace my asdf installation with one checked out from
cclan cvs.

I'm a little confused as to how openmcl knows about asdf when you say:

(require 'asdf)

in the openmcl-init file. When I don't "require asdf" I see that
there is a symbol,

asdf:

in the dictionary. This [paraphrased] instruction in, http://
cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cclan/asdf-install/doc/index.html?
rev=1.15,

---

Open this file [... the init file for your lisp ...] (create it if it
doesn't exist) and add this line

#-:asdf (load "/path/where/asdf/is/located/asdf")

[ ... but if you're using openmcl then use ...

(require :asdf)

---

and there is an explanation of the use of the condition #-:asdf which
adds the symbol :asdf to the features list.

What connects the version of asdf in the openmcl distribution
directory to the one that's loaded when I say ... (require 'asdf) and
how do I point it somewhere else?

Thanks

Robert