[Openmcl-devel] Open… dialog shows many "Date Modified" sort fields

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri Apr 17 18:17:56 PDT 2009

On Apr 16, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Arthur Cater wrote:
>

>> Magic! Thank you very much. I did not know where to start.
>> I had to specify "com.clozure.Clozure CL-ppc32" ...
>>> defaults delete  "com.clozure.Clozure CL" "NSTableView Columns
>>> NSNavOutlineColumnSettings.v1"
>>>

>> Arthur
>
> BTW, I had this issue before as well which suggests that possibly
> something in the pref writing routines in the IDE is corrupting the
> data? I think it's unique to CCL - I've never seen this before on a
> Mac OS X app, and I've been using it as my primary OS for close to a
> decade.

I wouldn't be very surprised if this turned out to be a threads-
related bug.

The AppKit is generally not thread-safe, so if an NSSavePanel or
NSOpenPanel is run from another thread (e.g., by typing forms in a
Listener window), I can imagine that something could get botched if
those panels try to update the defaults from multiple threads.

I did add a couple of dialog functions to the trunk recently.  They're
at ccl:cocoa-ide;file-dialogs.lisp, and they're careful to run the
panels on the event thread.  The Easy GUI functions should probably
call those.