[Openmcl-devel] getting CCL ready for CS graphics courses

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Wed Jan 14 17:41:59 PST 2009

thank you for the code and explanations. Some followup questions:

- how does the .cdb  file get created. I assume that is a CCL thing
and that the .cdb file is the result of parsing the header file
contained in the framework?

- how hard would it be to parse and include the parameter names? Could
the header file parser be extended to build a .cdb file that would
include parameter name info? Just seems to be a real shame to skip
that kind of info given that it is in the header files.

- what about constants? The .cdb files does not appear to include
"CL_..." constants such as GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT, yet CCL clearly has
access to this info, e.g., #$GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT expands into
DARWIN32::GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT of value 16384.

- type names: Can one use the type names returned by the gl-function-
info, e.g., :single-float or does one have to use the :<gl>float?

(defun gl-vertex3f (arg-0 arg-1 arg-2)
  (ccl:external-call "_glVertex3f" ; the CCL::EFD-ENTRY-NAME
                     :single-float arg-0
                     :<gl>float arg-1
                     :<gl>float arg-2
                     :void))