[Openmcl-devel] Cocoa IDE and :RETURN-FROM-FRAME debugger command

Arthur W Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Tue May 12 04:02:05 PDT 2009

Hello,
I do not understand here how (in Cocoa IDE, Alt-Console debug session) there does and
yet does not seem to be a function :RETURN-FROM-FRAME
I've never used that command before, hence some syntactic fumbling, but this seems very odd
and I wonder if anyone can shed light on
a) how I should use it
b) how come it is undefined yet knows how many args it expects

Arthur

1 > (:return-from-frame 1 nil)
> Error: Undefined function CCL::RETURN-FROM-FRAME called with arguments (-65822028 NIL) .
> While executing: CCL::CHECK-TOPLEVEL-COMMAND, in process Eval-Queue(7).
> Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> If continued: Retry applying CCL::RETURN-FROM-FRAME to (-65822028 NIL).
> Type :? for other options.
2 > :pop

1 > :return-from-frame
> Error: Too few arguments in call to #<Compiled-function CCL::RETURN-FROM-FRAME (Non-Global)  #x81A827E>:
>        0 arguments provided, at least 1 required.
> While executing: CCL::RETURN-FROM-FRAME, in process Eval-Queue(7).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.
2 > :pop

1 > :return-from-frame 1 nil
> Error: Undefined function CCL::RETURN-FROM-FRAME called with arguments (-65822028 NIL) .
> While executing: CCL::CHECK-TOPLEVEL-COMMAND, in process Eval-Queue(7).
> Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> If continued: Retry applying CCL::RETURN-FROM-FRAME to (-65822028 NIL).
> Type :? for other options.
2 >