[Openmcl-devel] Contrib: window-parking

Glen Foy lisp at clairvaux.org
Fri Sep 11 04:37:23 PDT 2009

Great suggestions as usual, Rainer.

You're definitely right about  cl-documentation and hemlock-commands
having nothing to do with "context".  I put them there mostly to show
how multiple tools could be managed.  As the IDE evolves, they should
be put somewhere else.

You know as much about UI design in general and IDE design in
particular as any Lisper I know.  It's obviously something that
interests you and something to which you have given a lot of thought.

Experienced programmers often look down their noses at IDEs. --  "Real
programmers don't use IDEs".  And if an IDE doesn't hit the target,
they are right.  The trick will be to develop a Lisp specific IDE that
really hits the target.  Then we will have a wonderful tool.

I would like to see you and Terje take the lead in this.  Even if you
don't have time to write code, your experience and overview would be
invaluable.

Thanks for your comments --