[Openmcl-devel] I need Cocoa graphics help

Arthur Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Mon Jul 19 03:52:21 PDT 2010

I have just submitted a ticket saying:
The link to ffigen-bin-darwinppc-gcc-4.0.0-2005-5-17-11-45-56.tar.gz
is an alias whose file has vanished.

If it existed, is this what would be appropriate for my 32-bit OS X
10.5.8 with gcc 4.2?

Do I need it to be able to do things with Core Graphics? I suspect
not, but I am having
difficulties with drawing material into Core Animation layers, doing
things inspired by
Aaron Hillegass's book 'Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X' chapters 31
and 32, and
also by Neil Baylis's contributed Core Animation Demo:

... (#_CGContextStrokePath context) crashes my CCL, although prior
uses of
    (#_CGContextMoveToPoint content x1 y1) and
(#_CGContextAddLineToPoint content x2 y2)
    have completed   (whether successfully or not I cannot tell
because I cannot see what is drawn)

... (#_CGAffineTransformMake  ...) arguments are a mystery to me. I've
tried six numbers, too
few args it says; I've tried prefixing them with M11 M12 M21 M22 TX TY
and then it says 12
are too many.

... The 'context' are got from (#/graphicsPort (#/currentContext ns:ns-
graphics-context))
shows as a "ns:ns-object (uninitialised)" - is this as it should be
for an 'opaque data type'?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Arthur