[Openmcl-devel] Last version for darwin PPC on mac osx 10.4?

Willem Rein Oudshoorn woudshoo at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 30 06:15:41 PST 2011

"R. Matthew Emerson" <rme at clozure.com> writes:

> On Jan 29, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote:
>
> The Clozure CL 1.4 release will run on Mac OS X 10.4.

Thank you for the quick answer.

> Please see:
> http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.4

I should have checked the release notes,  why that didn't occur to me I
do not know.  In retrospect it is the obvious place to look.

> In case non-financial reasons are keeping you from upgrading to Mac OS
> X 10.5, I will mention that you can pay Clozure Associates (via
> support incidents or some custom arrangement) to fix bugs in whatever
> release of CCL that you want.

There are no financial reasons, except that I was trying to see which
will take the most time, upgrading to 10.5 and testing the stability of
the rest of the software, or getting a recent ccl working nicely on
10.4.   (In the long run this system will be replaced anyway.)

I know that Clozure Associates is available for support.  However, just
for future reference, can you give a rough indication of how much
Clozure Associates charges for support incidents.
I know it depends on the size of the problem etc., but an indication of
how much per hour?  If you cannot or rather not give an indication that
is fine too.

Wim Oudshoorn.