[Openmcl-devel] Incompatibility with Xcode 4?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Mar 14 11:08:21 PDT 2011

On Mar 14, 2011, at 1:10 PM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Gary Palter wrote:
>
>> Actually, it's the lack of 10.5 support in Xcode 4
>
> !! really?
>
> wow, that seems premature.
>
> Any suggested workaround?

I checked in http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/changeset/14675.
This is on the trunk.

After updating from svn, edit lisp-kernel/darwinx86{64,32}/Makefile
in the obvious way to compile the lisp kernel using the 10.6 SDK.
That should enable you to use the Xcode 4 tools.

In case my assessment of obviousness is faulty, near the
top of the makefile, you want to make the SDKROOT and
OSVERSION variables read as follows in order to build
with 10.6:

SDKROOT=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk
OSVERSION=10.6

Then, "make clean && make" to build a lisp kernel.
This should result in a working lisp (where "working" means
"compiles itself and passes the test suite").