[Openmcl-devel] How does Hemlock ...

Glen Foy lisp at clairvaux.org
Thu Jan 26 17:19:18 PST 2012

Arthur,

This is ugly as sin, but it will respond to left-down-mouse,  and it will read point after it has been set to the new click position.  There may be a cleaner way to do this (surely there is), but I couldn't find it:

-- Glen

(defConstant *left-mouse-down* 65535)
(defParameter *process-down-mouse-p* nil)

;;; Redefintion of a Hemlock method in cocoa-editor.lisp
(defMethod hi::handle-hemlock-event :around ((view hi:hemlock-view) event)
  (ccl::with-autorelease-pool
      (call-next-method))
  (let ((keysym (when (typep event 'hi::key-event) (hi::key-event-keysym event))))
    (when (and (numberp keysym) (= keysym *left-mouse-down*))
      (setf *process-down-mouse-p* t))))

(defmethod gui::compute-temporary-attributes :around ((self gui::hemlock-textstorage-text-view))
  (call-next-method)
  (when *process-down-mouse-p*
    (let* ((view (gui::hemlock-view self))
           (hi::*current-buffer* (hi::hemlock-view-buffer view))
           (point (hi::current-point))
           (line (when point (hi::mark-line point)))
           (pos (when point (hi::mark-charpos point))))
      (format t "~%~%line: ~S" line)
      (format t "~%pos: ~S" pos))
    (setq *process-down-mouse-p* nil)))