[Openmcl-devel] CLIM2 on CCL

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Tue Jul 26 01:25:26 PDT 2016

On Jul 25, 2016, at 9:42 AM, Rainer Joswig <joswig at lisp.de> wrote:

> One could get the sources for the MCL variant CLIM 2 from Digitool. It did cost extra.
> From what I remember, this version is owned by Alice Hartley. The MCL version of CLIM 2
> hasn't been ported to CCL, at least I know no version of it.

Was it not part of the MCL release as Open Source?

Was Alice the final owner of Digitool, Inc. and its assets? Has anyone spoken to her recently?

I’ve actually looked around to try to find out who owns the Digitool intellectual property, with the goal of getting earlier releases of MCL distributable (as well as any sources for them that may still exist), but I haven’t been able to find much.

Heck, even the pre-5.2 source repository for MCL is lost now, unless someone can engage with Google to recover it, or unless someone managed to grab it using git-svn before Google Code closed down. (Since the svn repo wasn’t converted to hg, but kept in place as a new hg repository was created for 5.2+, only the hg repo is downloadable from the Google Code Archive site. Better than nothing, especially since it still has the Fred code, but I was hoping for history too…)

  -- Chris