[Openmcl-devel] Re: Standalone binaries

Taoufik Dachraoui taoufik.dachraoui at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 18 10:42:56 PDT 2003

I did not mean to run an executable on all different unix operating
systems. By 'all unix systems' I meant 'all machines running the same
unix operating system'. For example, the executable I create on my
machine (Mac OS X) can run on any other Mac OS X machine (even if they
do not have openmcl installed).

Example, in C when you create an executable, you can take the
executable and run it on any other machine (with the same OS) at a
condition that all shared libraries used by the executable exists (eg.
X11).

It is my fault, I was not clear in my statements. I hope that someone
understood my concerns.

SAVE-APPLICATION creates an image file, then we need to run dppccl with
the image as an argument, so we cannot run the image in another system
that do not have openmcl installed.

I may be not precise in my comments and I ask you to bear with me and
be patient, I am trying to learn as much as I can, and I find the mail
group very interesting.

regards
Taoufik