[Openmcl-devel] new 0.14 binaries (finally!)

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Jul 8 17:04:09 PDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Eric Dahlman wrote:

> On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 11:26 PM, Gary Byers wrote:
>
> > There are (finally) new 0.14 binaries in the testing directory:
>
> Thanks! Here is another bug report ;-)
>
> I grabbed defsystem and what looked like the newest portable-aserve for
> OpenMCL from the same directory and got the following results.  The
> CCL::COMPILER-FUNCTION-OVERFLOW looks kind of suspicious but as an
> operator I am really capable of making errors so it could have just
> been me.
>
> -Eric
>
> [omppu:/Volumes/Temporary/portableaserve-openmcl-0.14] eric%
> ../ccl/dppccl
> Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Alpha: Darwin) 0.14-030707!
> ? (load "../defsystem.lisp")
> ;Compiler warnings :
> ;   Unknown declaration (OPTIMIZE (INHIBIT-WARNINGS 3)), in
> OPERATE-ON-SYSTEM.
> ;   Variable *COMPILE-VERBOSE* not ignored, in OPERATE-ON-SYSTEM.
> ;Compiler warnings :
> ;   Unused lexical variable ARGUMENTS, in RUN-UNIX-PROGRAM.
> ;   Unused lexical variable PROGRAM, in RUN-UNIX-PROGRAM.
> #P"/Volumes/Temporary/defsystem.lisp"
> ? (load "INSTALL.lisp")
> #P"/Volumes/Temporary/portableaserve-openmcl-0.14/acl-compat/
> nregex.dfsl"...
> #P"/Volumes/Temporary/portableaserve-openmcl-0.14/acl-compat/mcl-
> timers.dfsl"...
> #P"/Volumes/Temporary/portableaserve-openmcl-0.14/acl-compat/acl-mp-
> mcl.dfsl"...
> #P"/Volumes/Temporary/portableaserve-openmcl-0.14/acl-compat/acl-
> socket-openmcl.dfsl"...
>  > Error in process listener(1): The function IPADDR-TO-DOTTED is
> predefined in OpenMCL.
>  > While executing: CCL::REDEFINE-KERNEL-FUNCTION
>  > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort.
>  > If continued: Replace the definition of IPADDR-TO-DOTTED.
> Type :? for other options.
> 1 > :go

Arrggh.  IPADDR-TO-DOTTED exposed an FFI bug over a year ago; there
hasn't been any need to patch it in a long time.  I usually run with
arbitrary redefinition of builtin functions allowed, so I don't think
that I even realized that this was happening.

[...]
> #P"/Volumes/Temporary/portableaserve-openmcl-0.14/aserve/macs.dfsl"...
> ;Compiling
> "/Volumes/Temporary/portableaserve-openmcl-0.14/aserve/main.cl"...
>  > Error in process listener(1): Unknown type specifier:
> CCL::COMPILER-FUNCTION-OVERFLOW
>  > While executing: CCL::%%TYPEP
>  > Type :POP to abort.
> Type :? for other options.
> 1 >

This is reproducible and seems to be a newly-introduced bug in the
hash table code (introduced in yesterday's binaries.)