[Openmcl-devel] Last openmcl/ilisp questions...

Matthew Calhoun calhounm at mac.com
Tue Jun 17 14:01:05 PDT 2003

...at least from me (at least for a while). ;-)

Thanks to Ram and others on this list, I'm now using OpenMCL 0.13.5
through ilisp 5.12.0 in Emacs 21.3.50.1 (in Terminal), and browsing the
HyperSpec through w3. Woohoo! But there are still a couple of things I
haven't been able to figure out:

1) When I do M-x openmcl, ilisp initialization seems to happen twice.
At least, the "?" prompt is printed twice, and when I put a debugging
message in lisp-mode-hook, *Messages* seems to bear this out:

DEBUG: HITTING ILISP-LOAD-HOOK
'ilisp-*enable-cl-easy-meny-p*' is t
DEBUG: HITTING LISP-MODE-HOOK [2 times]
ILISP V5.12.0  Use M-x ilisp-bug for problems and suggestions.
Started initializing ILISP [2 times]
Finished initializing openmcl
Set *openmcl*'s directory to /Users/matthew/

Here's the part of my .emacs dealing with openmcl and ilisp:

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
	'(lambda ()
		(message "DEBUG: HITTING LISP-MODE-HOOK")
		(require 'ilisp)))

(add-hook 'ilisp-load-hook
	'(lambda ()
		(message "DEBUG: HITTING ILISP-LOAD-HOOK")
		(setq ilisp-*prefix* "\C-c")
		(add-hook 'ilisp-init-hook
			'(lambda ()
				(default-directory-lisp ilisp-last-buffer)))))

(setq inferior-lisp-program "/Users/matthew/bin/openmcl")
(setq ilisp-program "/Users/matthew/bin/openmcl")
(setq openmcl-program "/Users/matthew/bin/openmcl")
(autoload 'run-ilisp "ilisp" "Select a new inferior Lisp." t)
(autoload 'openmcl  "ilisp" "Run OpenMCL as inferior Lisp." t)

(set-default 'auto-mode-alist
	     (append '(("\\.lisp$" . lisp-mode)
				   ("\\.lsp$" . lisp-mode)
				   ("\\.cl$" . lisp-mode))
				 auto-mode-alist))

I've been messing around with this configuration all morning, but I
haven't been able to figure it out. Any ideas?

2) When I run openmcl in Emacs' plain ol' Inferior Lisp mode, there is
some degree of syntax highlighting (actually, maybe comint mode is just
assigning a face to the prompt and executed commands?), but not in
ilisp. Is there some way to turn this on in ilisp?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt