[Openmcl-devel] Last openmcl/ilisp questions...

Ram Krishnan rkris at kriyative.net
Tue Jun 17 16:14:17 PDT 2003

Matthew,

Please see comments below ...

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 02:01 PM, Matthew Calhoun wrote:

> ...at least from me (at least for a while). ;-)
>
> Thanks to Ram and others on this list, I'm now using OpenMCL 0.13.5
> through ilisp 5.12.0 in Emacs 21.3.50.1 (in Terminal), and browsing
> the HyperSpec through w3. Woohoo! But there are still a couple of
> things I haven't been able to figure out:

Glad to hear W3 worked out for you. Now, if we could just get an 'info'
version of the CL-Hyperspec :)

Btw, are you running the terminal version of Emacs out of preference or
are you having problems using the Carbon/Aqua version?

> 2) When I run openmcl in Emacs' plain ol' Inferior Lisp mode, there is
> some degree of syntax highlighting (actually, maybe comint mode is
> just assigning a face to the prompt and executed commands?), but not
> in ilisp. Is there some way to turn this on in ilisp?

The ILISP mode of the listener buffer doesn't seem to be derived from
Lisp mode so none of the font-lock settings for Lisp syntax are defined
in it. You might try the ILISP mailing list to see if anyone has a
solution for this.

I don't use the listener very much since I tend to evaluate expressions
directly from the Lisp mode buffers (which have the appropriate font
lock settings).

Regards,

-ram