[Openmcl-devel] New version of CLX for OpenMCL available

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 7 04:26:06 PDT 2003

Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> writes:

> This newer version (which is SBCL's current CLX distribution +
> some OpenMCL conditionalization) addresses this issue and incorporates
> many other improvements.  See the "README" file in the archive for
> further details and credits, and the "README.OpenMCL" file for some
> OpenMCL-specific issues.
>
> This should work with OpenMCL 0.13.5 or later (including 0.14 alpha
> releases.)  It's probably reasonable to assume that any bugs you
> may find are OpenMCL-specific; please report them to
> "bug-openmcl at clozure.com".

from README.OpenMCL:

  I've done some basic testing under both 0.13.5 and 0.14 and things
  don't seem to be grossly broken (I haven't been able to get
  "clx/test/image.lisp" to work, but am not sure whether the problem's
  in the test itself or elsewhere.)

For what it's worth, we haven't been able to get that to work either,
so if someone works it out, we want to know, too. :-)

(oh, and one other thing: I haven't updated the credits in the README
to credit Iban Hatchondo for providing the implementation of the
xfree86-vidmode extension.)

Cheers,

Christophe