[Openmcl-devel] [Newbie] Cocoa Listener Up, But No Cocoa Inspector

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Tue May 20 15:41:43 PDT 2003

My bad, cinspect isn't exported from ccl or imported into cl-user (the
namespace that the read-eval-print loop starts in).  You should
entertain better luck with

(ccl::cinspect 1)

Since you're claiming newbiness, I should add that
-- ccl is the package identifier for the namespace the cocoa inspector
(and a lot of other stuff) is defined in
-- the colon ":" or (in this case) double-colon "::" is how a symbol in
another package than the current one is referred to. Single colons only
let you refer to exported symbols of a package, double-colon lets you
refer to non-exported symbols of a package (in general, DON'T USE
double-colon, it's dangerous -- in this case it's OK because it's an
error that cinspect isn't exported, and even then it would be better to
fix that problem, which I think I'll go do right now but that won't
help you so just use ::)

hamilton