[Openmcl-devel] Re: MOP support and porting UncommonSQL

Marcus Pearce ek735 at soi.city.ac.uk
Sun Apr 4 09:19:23 PDT 2004

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Ram Krishnan wrote:

> Has anyone on this list looked at porting UncommonSQL to OpenMCL?
>
> I started looking at layering UncommonSQL on top of CL-SQL but ran into
> problems with its use of `compute-effective-slot-definition'  which
> isn't available in OpenMCL (at least 0.13.4). Is there an alternate way
> to define new slot options in OpenMCL?

It seems that OpenMCL now has the MOP. In case anyone is still interested
in this, I have a port of UncommonSQL which is running on the CLSQL
backends on CMUCL, SBCL and Lispworks. A preliminary development release
is available with some documentation here:

      http://ccc.soi.city.ac.uk/~ek735/clsql-usql/

Patches to get this running on OpenMCL would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Marcus