[Openmcl-devel] BBEdit as IDE?

Stonewall Ballard sb.list at sb.org
Mon Apr 5 14:00:18 PDT 2004

Raffael,

I didn't realize that there was an OpenMCL IDE. Where exactly is it?

I really need something. I spent Sunday afternoon trying to get MCL 5.0
to read and parse my iTunes Music Library.xml file (30K tracks) so that
I could find all the duplicates. The xml parser created 90MB of
objects, which seemed to annoy MCL, since it kept crashing. I was also
unable to get the PCRE system to run in MCL. I think MCL's basically
unusable with Unix text files.

An interactive IDE for OpenMCL would be ideal.

I'll see if there's something I can contribute to it. I am trying to
resist the "tool regression" effect that has snared me in the past
(where you keep working on the tools and never get around to using the
language for your original project). That may be hopeless. I have too
long a history of building IDEs for dynamic languages.

  - Stoney