[Openmcl-devel] 0.13.x vs. 0.14.x

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 15:02:44 PST 2004

On Jan 4, 2004, at 5:13 PM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote in reply to Sven
Van Caekenberghe:

>> Have a look at http://homepage.mac.com/svc/DW-Bench
>
> I'll get paserve set up and run some tests as soon as I get a chance.

Hmm. Seems paserve  requires defsystem, not asdf. Is there a version of
defsystem which works with openmcl? the version I've downloaded from
sourceforge (3.3i.1) doesn't seem to work with openmcl 0.14-031220. It
seems that loading defsystem.lisp runs into a snag where it expects
require to be an external symbol of the ccl package:
No external symbol named "PROVIDE" in package #<Package "CCL">
While executing: CCL::%PARSE-TOKEN

I don't know enough about this to guess. Should provide be exported
from ccl, or is defsystem making an unwarranted assumption, or do I
need to reconditionalize all the #+:mcl to #+:openmcl? All/some of the
above?

Any pointers from those who have used defsystem with openmcl
0.14-031220?

TIA

Raf

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.