[Openmcl-devel] "dppccl --version" feature request

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 21 19:45:08 UTC 2004

> For your purposes, is "0.14" an adequate response to "--version" ?

yes this would be fine! my script wants to install in a
"<lisp>_<version>_<os-arch> dir that it creates if it has to. For
example right now if it boots openmcl 0.41 on my osx machine the
directory is

pinhead:/Lisp/cm $ bin/cm.sh

the only way I could get that 'openmcl_0.14-031108' was by actually
exec'ing openmcl (if it exists) and then parsing the
(lisp-implementation-string) and then exiting. it would be sweet if I
could just ask dppccl for a string that will be "unique" for fasls
compiled by the same openmcl kernel.