[Openmcl-devel] First draft!

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Mon Jul 5 14:03:27 PDT 2004

   I made small wording changes to address nearly all the things Hamilton
pointed out - thanks.

   One thing I haven't changed is the CVS information; I'll get to that
soon, when
I can figure out the best way to handle it.  What I think is that the
information now
at TmpCVS/index.html should be moved to section 1.7 of Docs/ (actually
1.6, as
I combined them in my latest revision), and the link in the navigation
bar should
point to there.  That may require me to do a little xsl stuff, though.
I'll look into it.

   Yeah, I knew about the code examples not indenting properly
(actually, they
weren't supposed to indent at all).  nxml-mode "fixes" this when I
re-indent the
chapter they're in.  I was going to do an editing pass at some point to
fix all
those; thanks for reminding me.  It's done, for now.

   The examples in 4.2 (wildcard expansion with run-program) work for
me, which
is to say, they do what the comments suggest.  They should probably
include
sample output, though, just to be clearer.  Are you sure you were
running from
a directory with Lisp files in it?  What version of OpenMCL?

   I'm going to hold on putting these changes up anywhere until we've
got the
new site in CVS - that will be easier for me, and I think that if I
posted a URL
for yet another draft copy right now, it would just confuse people and
result in the
http://newsite.openmcl.clozure.com/ one not getting adequate
glancing-over.
Should only be a couple days, anyhow.