[Openmcl-devel] bad link in Docs section 1.7.1

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Fri Jul 16 15:22:46 PDT 2004

   Well, making them <olink>s would simplify updating them (make it
entirely
automatic, in fact), but complicate the makefile.  To process <olink>s,
the entire directory tree needs to be run through a first-pass to find
the
correct targets, then processed a second time to actually build the
pages.
I do want to look into setting that up at some point, although I think
new
content is a higher priority.  Also, the build takes a fair amount of
time as
things stand, so intentionally doubling that seems unwise.

   It's better to use relative links, since absolute ones will not work
from a
locally-downloaded copy.  I had experimented with using an explicit base
for the URLs, but that also could not be made to work locally.

   I've changed Distributions/index.xml accordingly.

-- Dan Knapp