[Openmcl-devel] Interest in documentation reorganization?

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Tue Jun 1 19:48:10 PDT 2004

   I'm not aware of any documents covering the intermediate
representations.  By
all means do write something up if you have the chance, I'm sure it
would be very
useful.  You can leave cleaning up the prose and docbook-ifying it to
me, if it helps.

   I'll do that about the tarball (trivial matter of adding a command to
the makefile).
If people are going to be saving local copies, I also ought to find a
way to put a
timestamp in it... hm, shouldn't be too hard.  You are correct that
getting your own
local copy of the html would otherwise require having the docbook tools
installed.

   I took a quick look around to see whether I could locate your guide
on building
OpenMCL bundled apps, which I can't.  Of course, there's the Lisp
listener in the
examples distributed with OpenMCL, but it's short on docs.  Looking at
that just
now caused me to realize that I should integrate CocoaBridgeDoc.txt
into the
docbook files, too.

   It's good that you mentioned examples: integrating the example
programs and
explanations of them into the docs is something that I had in mind for
down the
road.  If you'd like to write something on your Rubix app, that would
be great.
I don't yet know specifically what I'd like such an example to include,
but right
now, the material I have about using OpenMCL with Cocoa is very sparse,
so
pretty much anything would be of value.  If you'd rather wait until I
can tell you
exactly what I need, that's fine too.  That will be, at the soonest,
after I've gotten
my version of the docs live on the site.

   Probably the part about dealing with Cocoa should be in a separate
chapter
from the part about dealing with OpenGL, but it can be edited to
separate those
post-facto.

-- Dan Knapp