[Openmcl-devel] persistant objects

alex crain alexcrain at mail2.widgetworks.com
Sun Sep 12 08:38:43 PDT 2004

On Sep 12, 2004, at 12:10 AM, Dan Knapp wrote:

>   With CLTL, there are copyright issues..

Never mind, it's not CL, it's from the ISO standard.
It looks like I'll be parsing TeX, Yucky.

>   I'm not sure what you mean by making the descriptions be persistent
> objects, or why it
> would be better than putting them into the standard (documentation)
> facility.

My question was more about "Is there a way to create persistent objects
in ccl, aside from
SAVE-APPLICATION? Maybe a berkely DB extension or something?

Not that it's a huge deal, but I was thinking about having a common
documentation
library that was separate from the lisp world, which could be augmented
without
having to save the world or load a scad of text every time.
Documentation is something
that is only useful in a development environment, there seems no reason
to expand
the run time world to include it.

Or am I just being nit-picky?

:alex